You still have time to be part of the biggest Mariachi Event of the year and take advantage of its early registration rate. Up until October 15, you will be able to register yourself and/or your group for the Mariachi Extravaganza and save $25 dollars per person! After early the date, regular registration will resume and close on November 10. Register now here.
- Registration badge and lanyard.
- Conference registration bag (Directors and Individual registrants only).
- Digital copy of selected mariachi music (Directors only).
- Participation during educational mariachi workshops.
- Admission to all Mariachi Extravaganza events as listed on the schedule of events except the concert (Tickets for the concert are on sale at ticketmaster.com).
- Participation in the national competitions (Vocal and Songwriting finalist will be selected and announced on November 1st via Facebook live @ 6:00 PM (CT)).
- Participation on Serenata en el Rio.
- Access to the mariachi Jam Sessions.
Original Songwriting Competition
Songwriters interested in auditioning for the Original Songwriting Competition must submit their entries before midnight on October 17. Finalist will then be selected and announced on November 1st via Facebook Live @ 6:00 PM (CT). Finalist will get to perform their songs live on December 1st and the best song overall will receive a prize of $1,500 dollars as well as the opportunity to perform in the Mariachi Extravaganza concert if all requirements are met. For more information click here.
National Group Competition
Any mariachi group affiliated with an educational organization may register to compete in the National Group Competition. The competition is divided in 3 categories, middle school, high school, and college/university. The 1st place winners in each category are awarded a performance spot in the Mariachi Extravaganza Concert. The deadline to register for the competition is November 10. For more information click here.
- October 15 – Early registration closes.
- October 17 – Deadline to submit an audition for the Original Songwriting Competition
- November 1 – Vocal Competition and Songwriting Competition finalists announced via Facebook Live @ 6:00 PM (CT).
- November 10 – Registration closes.
- November 15 – National Group Competition order is announced on Facebook Live.
Where can I stay?
All events will be taking place walking distance from the Lila Cockrell Theatre located 200 E Market St, San Antonio, TX. Hotel reservations can be made at the Grand Hyatt San Antonio Riverwalk or the Emily Morgan San Antonio hotels at a discounted rate for Mariachi Extravaganza attendees.
Make plans to attend the 29th Annual Mariachi Extravaganza November 30 – December 2, 2023. Tickets are on sale now for the Mariachi Extravaganza concert on Saturday, December 2 at ticketmaster.com.