San Antonio’s Tobin Center for the Performing Arts is hiring Music and Dance Teachers needed for SAISD for the following Middle School subjects:
The Tobin Center for the Performing Arts is working with SAISD to provide contracted music and dance teachers to fill smaller (one or two classes) positions on individual campuses. These programs will provide students with a chance to learn a foundation of music and art concepts, to develop their skills, and to perform.
The Tobin Center is seeking experienced individuals to become teaching artists in this Contracted Services program. Our Teaching Artists will provide arts-based education in the classroom. These campuses are within SAISD and are focused upon, but not limited to, K – 8. Teaching artists are an integral part of The Tobin Center’s plan to provide quality and experienced teachers to the District, and they will be closely involved, and the primary source of instruction, for these students. Teaching artists will be part-time employees, earning competitive compensation, and will be paid for all meetings, assigned planning time, assigned after school rehearsals, and an end of year performance.
• An undergraduate degree in Music, Education, or a related field OR
• Demonstrated experience teaching in a school or community setting AND demonstrated experience performing in the subject
• Interest in advocating for arts accessibility
• Knowledge of state and national core-arts standards
• Bilingual preferred but not required
• Appropriate demeanor when interacting with students, teachers, and staff
• Ability to travel to various locations throughout the San Antonio area
• In coordination with SAISD standards and the TEKS, structure the training and assessments of students, including lesson planning and teaching
• Attend at least one Arts Integration professional development workshop at The Tobin Center
• Classroom management
• Participation in UIL completion (if applicable)
• Some after school rehearsals
• In-class or school day performances and an end of the year, cumulative performance
• Competitive compensation will be offered
• Approximately four hours per week (3 hours teaching, 1 hour planning)
• Duration of contract: August 2019 – May 2020
• Schedule determined with assigned campus administration
• Reports to SAISD Fine Arts Department and assigned campus administration
• Send one page CV with two recommendations to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Short Listed candidates will be sent an application and contacted for interview
Thanks for reading our mariachimusic.com blog and please share this information with someone you think might be interested in applying. Enjoy your day!